IIoT Manufacturing Technology Consulting Services for Machining Companies in the Chicago Area
IIoT Automating helps manufacturers make informed technology investments. Before investing in ERP, machine connectivity and other data-driven solutions, let us provide a comparative evaluation of your options.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is transforming companies of all sizes. Advanced manufacturing technology is more widely available than ever before and to be competitive you need data. From 15 to 500 CNC's, your efficiency is dependent on knowing the status of your machines, the real cost of labor, material, overhead and outside costs. Your profitability depends on creating estimates for complex projects and delivering those projects on-time and as close to that estimate as possible. Your machines should running 24/7 at 80% or higher efficiency.
IIoT Automating Solutions provides technology consulting services for manufacturers in the Chicago, Illinois area.
A “Connected” Machining Company:
- Does not enter the same data twice. Information flows from a form online to CRM, Estimates, Quotes, Sales Orders, Job Orders, CAD drawings, CAM programs, CNC programs, inspection documentation, FAIR’s, purchase orders, tooling vendors, invoices, etc..
- Has Real-Time data informing and creating actions. By increasing the visibility of activity, employees are motivated to improve performance, downtime is reduced, lights-out runtime increased, and much more.
- Instantaneous notifications. Notifications from equipment can prevent damaged parts. Notifications from actions such as NCMR’s can reduce the cost of quality. Automated email notifications prevent errors and ensure that processes are done quickly. Automated document emails reduce the administrative costs and speed flow of information. Information automation has endless possibilities!
- Virtualization and simulation. By using simulation, CAM programs are able to quickly suggest programs, tooling and more, reducing the set-up time with its trial-and-error approach.
- Machine to machine connectivity. With technology such as MTConnect, it’s possible to connect data from different types of equipment, for example, a vision system could notify a CNC machine to make an adjustment as tooling wears.