IIoT Manufacturing Technology Consulting Services for Manufacturers in the Chicago Area
IIoT Automating helps manufacturers evaluate their IIoT Readiness AND for Global Shop Solutions ERP customers, we optimize the use of this fantastic ERP tool.
Is your organization ready for the emerging Industry 4.0? Are you truly a data-driven manufacturer, or do you depend on tribal knowledge to make business decisions? The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is transforming companies of all sizes. Advanced manufacturing technology is now widely available, and to be competitive, you need reliable data. You need to know the status of your machines, the real cost of labor, material, overhead and outside costs. Your profitability depends on creating estimates for complex projects and delivering those projects on-time and as close to that estimate as possible. Below are five drivers for implementing data-driven manufacturing:
- Competitive: Use data to obtain a data-driven edge over competitors
- Customer demand: Use IoT technology to meet customer requests
- Improved Performance: Use machine data to improve performance
- New Business Direction: Use machine data to transform your business model
- Increased Market share: Use data to take market share and develop new markets
IIoT Automating Solutions provides technology consulting services for manufacturers in the Chicago, Illinois area.
A “Connected” Machining Company:
- Does not enter the same data twice. Information flows from a form online to CRM, Estimates, Quotes, Sales Orders, Job Orders, CAD drawings, CAM programs, CNC programs, inspection documentation, FAIR’s, purchase orders, tooling vendors, invoices, etc..
- Has Real-Time data informing and creating actions. By increasing the visibility of activity, employees are motivated to improve performance, downtime is reduced, lights-out runtime increased, and much more.
- Instantaneous notifications. Notifications from equipment can prevent damaged parts. Notifications from actions such as NCMR’s can reduce the cost of quality. Automated email notifications prevent errors and ensure that processes are done quickly. Automated document emails reduce the administrative costs and speed flow of information. Information automation has endless possibilities!
- Virtualization and simulation. By using simulation, CAM programs are able to quickly suggest programs, tooling and more, reducing the set-up time with its trial-and-error approach.
- Machine to machine connectivity. With technology such as MTConnect, it’s possible to connect data from different types of equipment, for example, a vision system could notify a CNC machine to make an adjustment as tooling wears.